Looking for a simple, fun thing to do around your Thanksgiving table this week? First Trinity’s Administrative Assistant, Dona Trautwein and I came up with this fun idea. (First Trinity friends and members, we will have a kit for you with everything ready to go if you are present at the Thanksgiving worship service on Thanksgiving Day at 10 a.m.).
Here’s what to do:
2. Print the verses sheets on two pieces of paper. We used autumn colors, but any paper will work.
3. Cut the verses into 16 strips.
4. Give everyone that is with you at Thanksgiving a strip and have them write one thing they are thankful for on the side of the strip that is blank.
5. At your table ask everyone to read the Scripture verse on their strip and then the thing they are thankful for.
6. Then use scotch tape to make a paper chain. It doesn’t matter whether the Scripture or the “thing I’m thankful for” piece is on the outside. Put the chain on your table or anywhere in plain sight for people to reflect on it for the rest of the celebration.
There you have it! An easy way to share God’s Word and Gratitude on this special day. We hope you will!